Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day

I had the most wonderful weekend! Friday night David took Christopher to a baseball game so the girls and I went to a graduation party for Heather Martin at our church. The girls ran and ran until they almost passed out... That made for a very easy night for baths and bed.

The next morning Annabelle and I went to Tulsa with the ladies from church. I got some chocolate from Godiva, a pedicure, some much needed nursing shirts, sandals, and clothes for the kids. It was about 90 degrees and the bus's AC wasn't working properly, so other than that it was a lot of fun.
 
 

Then it was Mother's Day. David and Christopher went to church early to talk to Pastor Jonathan because they were getting baptized!!! That was present enough but I found a beautiful love letter from David, a bracelet that Christopher made me at school, handwritten letters from Christopher, and a sparkling locket on the dashboard of my car! I was overwhelmed with love and appreciation.
You can see my beautiful locket.

I found my gifts in the van as we were heading to church.

 

The church service was wonderful. My mom, Wayne, and our dear friends the Katzers came to witness the baptism. Then the Katzers came over to have lunch. That's always fun watching all the kids running around playing with each other.
After David was baptized he and Pastor Jonathan baptized Christopher together.

If that wasn't enough Wynne and I went to see Mother's Night Out with the tickets David bought us. The movie was nothing short of the story of my life. I reflected a lot and cried a lot. It was a great reminder that our children won't remember if the house was messy, or if their dinners aren't homemade. But they will remember that their mom and dad loved each other, loved them, and tucked them in at night while saying a prayer and I love you.

There have been many times that I have voiced frustration about feeling unimportant and unnoticed. Being at home with children all day is hard. It really is. And I've realized that the brunt of my frustration gets put off onto David because there's no one else for me to vent to. I am going to try to change that. I am going to put it in God's hands and just enjoy the fleeting time with my children that I love so much!

Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers. We are important and God sees.

No comments:

Post a Comment