Monday, May 19, 2014

I am a work in progress.

My daily devotional this morning was about our attitudes towards ourselves. And I think God knew exactly what I needed to hear!
Psalm 90:14 Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.


It doesn't matter what others may think of you, or ever what you think of yourself. The only righteous judgment comes from God. Yes, I want people to know that I am a follower of Jesus and that I love my family and friends. I want to feel good about myself in the morning based on my words and actions of yesterday, but that has been a very big struggle for me lately.

I am an open book. I always have been and I always will be. I am a loyal friend, wife, mother, sister, and daughter. So when things or people get in the way of these relationships I can't seem to be objective and as Christ like as I should be. I'm working on that. But this morning I wasn't happy when I saw myself in the mirror. My heart and mind are full of hateful thoughts and negativity. I ask God to remove these feelings from my soul and to replace them with light and joy. I know he is helping me do this but it's on my shoulders to fix.

So I guess my point is that it doesn't matter what anyone thinks of you but God. He knows what's in your heart. He doesn't care what car you're driving, what brand and size your jeans are, or what neighborhood your home is in. He wants your car to be driven to church and for your to offer rides to those in need. He wants jeans to be on a butt that's worshiping him. And he wants your home to be filled with his spirit and love.

I am a work in progress...

Love,
Lisa



No comments:

Post a Comment